How can I lower my air conditioning costs? I’m on a tight budget.
Do you have a set maintenance routine in place for your air conditioner?
Are you familiar with what to check if your AC unit stops working?
Can’t live without air? What’s your plan if it stops and your not there to fix it?
When you’re budgeting, it can be difficult to figure out the amount of money to budget for AC maintenance and repairs. If you are prepared to do-it-yourself, it’s more economical, and you certainly can save $$$. However, you do have to make the time and have a budget that includes money for the parts.
Not interested in doing the work yourself? You know that you don’t have the time, but you still want to keep the costs down. Finding a trustworthy AC company that you can work with whenever you need them and has your best interest in mind, isn't always easy. It can be time-consuming.
Good news! It doesn't have to be difficult. Ask for referrals from your family or friends. Make sure the company you choose is licensed, insured, and gives you references to check to confirm they have quality service and are trustworthy.
If that doesn’t work, check the Quality Service Pros directory. Having a trustworthy AC company on file certainly can give you “peace of mind”.
If you are the do-it-yourselfer, remember checklists are always a great tool to have. Whether, it’s a routine cleaning or repair there’s nothing better than crossing each item off the list when you are working with your air conditioner.
Lower Your Costs
Ready to lower your air conditioning costs? Here's a checklist to follow:
- Install a Programmable Thermostat - Set It For Your Needs
- Change Your Air Filter Once a Month or As Needed
- Practice Preventative Maintenance with both Outdoor and Indoor Units
- Keep Outside AC Unit Clean and Free of Debris
- Seal Your Doors and Ductwork
- Get a Full Diagnostic System Check For Your AC to Make Sure It’s Running Smoothly
- Hire an AC Specialist That Has Your Best Interest in Mind
Interested in learning more about the details? Download our FREE eBook 7 Ways to Lower Your Air Conditioning Costs.
Spend Less on Repairs
Time for repairs? Here’s a list of steps to following. Check your:
- AC Air Filter - Have You Replaced Routinely?
- Circuit Breakers - Did It “Trip”?
- Thermostat Setting - Is the battery dead?
- Drain - Is it clogged?
- AC for Ice - Has the condensation turned to ice?
- Condenser Switches Are On (Outside Units) - Is your fan working?
- Condenser is Clean - Do you know the proper steps to take to clean it?
- AC Company - Do you have answered questions?
- AC Company - Is it time to repair or replace your air conditioner?
For more information, download our FREE eBook 9 Things to Check Before Spending Money on AC Repairs.
At UMI Residential Air Conditioning, we understand the importance of keeping your air conditioner in working order, and free of problems. Our goal is to keep your system running efficiently, your home in constant comfort and your electric bill low.
Education is one of priorities, we offer a FREE ebook library online. We believe in sharing the knowledge so you’ll know the correct steps to take. Below are two quick and easy checklists, feel free to print them.